- This event has passed.
Beyond Stop the Bleed 7/23/2022 9am
July 23, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am EDT
Beyond Stop The Bleed is a course designed by First Aid Tactics that includes the full curriculum of the ACS (American College of Surgeons) Stop The Bleed program, but expands the skillset to include a basic introduction of skills beneficial to the defensive firearms carrier. The course is a blend of lecture and hands on skills stations.
· Identifying life threatening bleeding
· Direct Pressure, Wound Packing, Tourniquets
· Tourniquet history, use, and selection
· Hemostatic agents use and selection
· Core vs Extremity vs Junctional injures
· Penetrating Chest Trauma
· Use of chest seals
· Self-application of Tourniquets
· Getting back in the fight
· What is an IFAK and what should be in it.
Students will perform hands on training with the following:
· Direct pressure
· Wound packing
· Tourniquet application to victims
· Self application of tourniquet